Friday, July 3, 2009

How can you rape a toddler?

Speaking at a police briefing yesterday, Petros, who took the opportunity to announce new appointees, said his reluctance to visit the bushes where the toddler's body was found was fuelled by his incomprehension of how a three-year-old could be raped. (from IOL)

"When I was told about her abduction, I held my breath in the hope that she would be found alive. I can't imagine how a three-year-old can be raped and stabbed." (Why would you want to?)

He said there was a commitment made by police to see that more capacity was given to units which dealt with this type of crime and thanked the NGOs for counselling families and police officers who visited crime scenes involving children.

Petros said residents should be appreciative of police officers who investigated crimes against children as he "can't imagine the trauma they must face".

Ehe... It's like Hollywood... I kant imagine!

No comments: